Pages

Thursday, January 10, 2013

Mixed Media Birthday Card

Well I finally got around to using my some of my Christmas presents!  My next door neighbor's birthday was yesterday (Happy Birthday Doreen!) so I needed to make a card! 




I finally used my new Spellbinders Grand Calibur!  I made one large oval in purple and a small oval out of vellum.  The stamped image is from one of my new Oxford Impressions sets!  Isn't she beautiful?




Here is a close up!  I hand-dyed and curled a coordinating feather for her headpiece and added a silk ribbon rose.  Her necklace and hair are made from tiny, clear no-hole beads.  Finally her fan is trimmed in dainty purple lace. 



The inside is pretty simple.  I used my new "friendship" stamps for the sentiment and my Martha Stewart craft station templates to trace "Happy Birthday" onto my vellum.  She loved it so much it went right into a frame to keep!

No comments:

Post a Comment